Friday, January 4, 2008

The Christmas Holiday.

Back from the holiday, back to bloody work. It's not that work is that bad, I get away with a lot where I am... but I'm just so freaking board!

I had off for a week + for the holidays and slept so good. But wouldn't you know it on the eve before going back to work I didn't sleep a wink, or the next day or last night. What does that say about my feelings towards work? Need I say more?

Getting back to my holiday, this year it went really well. WOO-HOO! Normally I feel like I'm being pulled in 25 different directions. I get so stressed out that I'd rather just go away somewhere for the holiday and then come back when it's all over. I enjoy being with my boy friends family, their all really out going never sitting always mingling, my family on the other hand... I love them but they are boring. We sit on the sofa twirling our thumbs in our laps. It's just not a good time. Normally I wouldn't mind so much, I would find something to do, but when I'm sitting there wondering what to do I know it's got to be so much worse for my boyfriend who isn't at his childhood home and that just makes me more uncomfortable. Then in the previous years our family's schedules always clashed and if you were me where would you decide to go? So I end up in the middle of hurting my mom's feelings and making it seem like my boyfriend is the one that really wants to go to his family's. With all this said I am happy to say one more time, with a since of calmness rushing within me, that this year it all worked out! His family did their thing on Christmas Eve, my family did theirs on Christmas day. Simple enough and yet so calming when I look back. I actually got to enjoy the holiday, I wish I would have been more in the spirit... but you can't have your cake and eat it too, and I'm okay with that.

I hope you all had a nice holiday too.

No comments: